Help Your Child Maintain Good Dental Health
Tooth decay affects more children in the United States than any other chronic infectious disease. It can lead to pain and infection that impacts eating, speech, and learning. Fortunately, tooth decay is preventable.
Help your child maintain good dental health:
- Tips for Parents and Caregivers — Get information on snacking, fluoride, prenatal care, and more.
- Quiz on Dental Care for Young Children — Did you know that you should start using toothpaste with fluoride when your child turns 2? Learn more about good dental habits.
- Dental Injuries — Find out what to do if your child injures his/her gums or teeth.
- Dental Sealants — Learn about this option, which involves applying a thin plastic coating to prevent tooth decay.
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) — CHIP, which includes dental care, provides free or low-cost health coverage for children of eligible families.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.