Image description: This group portrait of the Sarasota Sun-Debs was taken in Lido Beach, Florida around 1950. The Sarasota Sun-Debs originally organized in 1949. The young women who participated received modeling training and were featured in locally and nationally distributed photographs of Florida beach scenes.
Photo from the Joseph Janney Steinmetz Collection, State Library and Archives of Florida.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.