How to Mail a Message of Condolence to Newtown, CT
The U.S. Postal Service has established a unique Post Office Box to which the public may send condolences to those affected by the December 14, 2012 tragedy in Newtown, CT.
Those who wish to send expressions of comfort should address them to:
Messages of Condolence for Newtown
PO Box 3700
Newtown CT 06470
“We understand that there is an outpouring of support for everyone in the Newtown area, and we hope to make it easier for those who wish to send encouragement and messages of compassion to those affected,” said Kimberly J. Peters, Connecticut Valley District Manager for the U.S. Postal Service. She added, “Through letters and cards, families will be able to hold that friendship in their hands and to read those kind words at a time and place that supports their pace of healing.”
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.