Image description: The Presidential Libraries shared this story:
Lyndon B. Johnson had “give-away” items in the Oval Office like this electric toothbrush set stamped with the Presidential seal.
Rumor has it, Doris Kearns Goodwin amassed several during her tenure as a White House intern, and finally asked LBJ, “Why toothbrushes?”
LBJ said, “I want people to think of me right away when they wake up and right before they go to bed.”
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.