Recognizing Military Families and the Sacrifices They Make
November is recognized as Military Family Month. It is a time to celebrate and honor service members and their families and thank them for their sacrifice to our country. These are just a few of the many resources available to help military service members and their families:
- Deployment Guide: This interactive resource is a free tool for service members of all branches and their families to use while preparing for deployment, during deployment, and when returning home from deployment.
- Combat Stress: Operation Enduring Families provides a five-step educational and support program for veterans and their families after they return from combat. The program includes sessions on family relationships, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, communication and intimacy and anger. The sessions strive to address challenges, offer resource and garner hope.
- Child Care: While a family member is deployed, the spouse at home can feel an extra burden of child care. The Department of Defense (DoD) offers child care services for family members to help them get affordable and quality child care. The DoD currently has over 800 child care centers and oversees family programs across the country.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.