Image description: President Obama “pardoned” Cobbler the turkey during today’s National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation.
Cobbler was born in Rockingham Country, Virginia and weighs over 40 pounds. He craves cranberries, is known for his strut, and enjoys the music of Carly Simon.
After the event, Cobbler will travel to George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate and Gardens. He will reside in a custom-made enclosure at Mount Vernon’s nationally recognized livestock facility.
If you want to learn more about the origin of the turkey pardon, read the White House’s Definitive History of the Presidential Turkey Pardon.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.