Image description: The Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum recently launched Object of the Day to showcase the more than 217,000 objects in their collection.
This image, “Design for Streamline Sleeper Car with Two Seat Compartment,” is one of the featured objects. It was created by Raymond Loewy, an industrial designer, on January 16, 1935. Loewy created designs for the original Coca-Cola contour bottle and logo, the Exxon logo, and the Avanti car in the 1950s and 1960s design. He is lesser known for his work for the Pennsylvania Railroad. Learn more about this object.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.