Image description: U.S. Marine Corps Cpl. Thomas Cavallo throws a couch on a pile in Staten Island. Marines and sailors with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit worked to support Hurricane Sandy disaster relief efforts in New York and New Jersey.
Hurricane Sandy formed in the western Caribbean Sea and affected Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti and the Bahamas before making landfall in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
Photo by Cpl. Bryan Nygaard, U.S. Marine Corps.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.