Happy Halloween! Have Fun and Stay Safe With These Tips
It’s Halloween! Make sure you and your family have a fun-filled, safe holiday with these tips.
Halloween activities like trick-or-treating or parties provide opportunities for you and your family to be exposed to germs. With flu season just around the corner take precautions and get a flu shot.
Check your local weather report before you head out and be prepared to bundle up underneath those costumes. Dressing for the occasion will help prevent maladies like hypothermia and will allow you to enjoy your night, no matter what the weather.
If you and your family will be participating in the age-old tradition of trick-or-treating, be aware of the area you’ll be visiting and watch out for traffic. Whether it’s your own local street and town, or a theme park with family specials, getting lost in an unfamiliar area can pose a danger to the enjoyment of the evening and your personal safety.
If you live in a neighborhood, odds are that you are going to get some visitors this Halloween. If you choose to hand out treats, be aware of the people you allow inside your home. If there are guests that are unfamiliar to you, hand out candy on your doorstep, and keep the night’s activities outside.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.