Find Shelter and Let Your Family Know You’re Safe After Sandy
There are several shelters open along the East Coast ready to assist anyone who needs help after Hurricane Sandy. To find a shelter near you:
- Text “Shelter” and a zip code to 43362 (example: Shelter 01234)
- Download the FEMA mobile app
- Visit the American Red Cross shelter map
- Contact your state or local emergency management office.
You can also let friends and family know you are safe and search for loved ones using the American Red Cross’ database.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.