Are You Prepared? Learn How to Protect Your Finances if a Disaster Strikes
If you had only a few moments to evacuate your home and could not return for several days or even weeks, would you have access to cash, banking services and the personal identification you need to conduct your day-to-day financial life?
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) offers these tips to make sure you’re financially prepared if disaster strikes:
- Periodically review your insurance coverage to make sure you know what is or isn’t covered.
- Keep copies of your ATM/debit cards in an emergency kit in case you can’t access your actual cards.
- Keep your bank account numbers in a safe place that you can access.
- Consider keeping some cash on hand in your emergency kit.
- Have easy access to phone numbers for financial institutions.
To get more tips on how to make sure you’re financial prepared if there’s a disaster, download and order your free copies of Protecting Your Finances if a Disaster Strikes: Are You Prepared?