Learn the Benefits of Breastfeeding and Get Your Free Guide
Did you know that babies who are breastfed during the first year of life save their families $1500 in formula costs?
These babies also have lower overall healthcare costs, since they are less likely to get infections and illnesses. Breastfeeding can help protect against ear infections, stomach viruses, obesity, asthma, diabetes and several other health problems.
Under the Affordable Care Act, most health insurance plans will now provide women with access to breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling with no out-of-pocket costs.
This week is World Breastfeeding Week, and we partnered with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Women’s Health to help raise awareness about the health benefits of breastfeeding.
With the Breastfeeding Resources Action Kit you can:
- learn the physical benefits of breastfeeding for kids and moms,
- discover the financial benefits of breastfeeding for families, employers, and communities,
- find breastfeeding support in your community,
- get tips to help you breastfeed confidently.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.