News From Our Blog

Were You Brought Into the United States as a Child? Here’s What You Need To Know

Certain children who were brought to the United States may be eligible to remain in the country and get a work authorization permit. They will need to meet certain requirements and complete a background check.

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the agency in charge of setting up an application process. It should be up and running sometime in mid-August. Meanwhile, don’t apply or your application will be rejected.

USCIS recommends you follow these tips:


  • Visit to learn more about the announcement, eligibility criteria and to find the latest updates.
  • Contact USCIS for more information at 1-800-375-5283.
  • Visit to learn more about how you can avoid becoming a victim of an immigration service scam.


  • Pay anyone who claims they can request deferred action on your behalf or apply for employment authorization through this new process before USCIS announces an implementation date.
  • Send an application seeking work authorization related to this process.

Visit USCIS for more information about the program or call 1-800-375-5283. They can answer your questions in English or Spanish.

We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.

We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:

  • violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
  • comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
  • advertisements or solicitations of any kind
  • comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
  • multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
  • personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers

In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.