Swimming Safety Tips for You and Your Family
Whether you plan to swim at a pool, the beach, or a lake or river, know how to stay safe in the water.
Drowning is the fifth leading cause of unintentional injury death in the U.S., and many of these victims are children under the age of 15. Review some tips to help you and your family stay safe in the water.
Find additional information about water safety:
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.