How to Recognize and Avoid Job Scams
When you’re looking for a new job, it can be tempting to jump at new opportunities. However, if a job offer seems too good to be true, it could be a scam.
Many jobs scams have a few things in common that you should watch for:
- The potential employer says you can make fast money working from home.
- You are asked to pay money to the employer up front.
- Emails from the employer are full of spelling and grammatical errors.
- The employer asks for personal and bank account information upfront.
- You are asked to transfer money through Western Union or MoneyGram.