Find Out How to Feed Your Family on a Budget
With the rising cost of food, feeding a family on a budget isn’t easy, but there are resources that can help.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), more commonly known as food stamps, provides eligible families with help purchasing food. Find out if you’re eligible and apply for the SNAP program. If you’re eligible, you’ll receive an electronic benefits card, pre-loaded with your benefits, that you can use like a credit or debit card at the store.
Many states also run food banks where you can get food for your family. Check your state’s website to see what is available in your community and to find out if you need to make an appointment to visit the food bank.
To learn about all the food assistance programs that may be available to you and your family, read How To Get Food Help from the United States Department of Agriculture.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.