Image description: This infographic created by the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) illustrates the percentage change in several categories of violent crimes and property crimes in the United States in 2011 versus 2010.
Overall, violent crime fell 4.0% and property crime 0.8% from 2010 to 2011. Violent crime in the U.S. is down over 13% in the last ten years. The statistics are from the upcoming Uniform Crime Report for 2011. The FBI provides crime statistics in several categories going back to the 1990s.
The infographic reads, “Crime By the Numbers. According to preliminary UCR statistics, reported violent crimes and property crimes in the U.S. were down for 2011.
Forcible Rape: -4.0%
Aggravated assault: -4.0%
Motor vehicle theft: -3.3%
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.