Avoid Foreclosure and Get Help With Your Mortgage Payments
If you need help paying your mortgage, you may be eligible for assistance through a variety of programs.
Through the Making Home Affordable program, you can
- Refinance and take advantage of lower mortgage interest rates.
- Reduce your monthly mortgage payments.
- Get mortgage relief if you’re unemployed.
- Get help when you owe more than your home is worth.
- Avoid foreclosure when homeownership is no longer affordable or desirable.
You can also talk to a housing counselor to get advice on buying a home, avoiding foreclosure, or learning about reverse mortgages.
If you’re considering refinancing your mortgage, learn the costs and determine if the time is right for you.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.