Avoid Foreclosure and Get Help With Your Mortgage Payments
If you need help paying your mortgage, you may be eligible for assistance through a variety of programs.
Through the Making Home Affordable program, you can
- Refinance and take advantage of lower mortgage interest rates.
- Reduce your monthly mortgage payments.
- Get mortgage relief if you’re unemployed.
- Get help when you owe more than your home is worth.
- Avoid foreclosure when homeownership is no longer affordable or desirable.
You can also talk to a housing counselor to get advice on buying a home, avoiding foreclosure, or learning about reverse mortgages.
If you’re considering refinancing your mortgage, learn the costs and determine if the time is right for you.