Take Care of Your Mental Well-Being This Month
Mental health is just as important to your overall health as your physical well-being. Good mental health leads to a productive and well-balanced life.
May is Mental Health Month, an annual observance to remind people to take the time to take care for themselves mentally, not just physically.
Emotional stress can cause negative feelings and behavior, and in the long term, can have serious effects on someone’s life.
Mental health problems are some of the most often neglected, either because people don’t realize the impact emotional stress is having on their lives or they are simply too embarrassed to ask for help.
If you are experiencing emotional stress, you may be able to improve your overall quality of life by seeking treatment from a qualified professional. Find a mental health service provider near you.
If you, or someone you know, is in suicidal crisis or emotional distress, call 1.800.273.TALK (1.800.273.8255).
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.