Youth Exchange Scholarships for High School Students
The U.S. Department of State offers a number of exchange programs and scholarships for American high school students to study abroad.
If you’re interested in studying abroad, one of these programs could help cover expenses for your trip:
The National Security Language Initiative for Youth offers merit-based scholarships for overseas study of these foreign languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Hindi, Korean, Persian (Tajik), Russian and Turkish.
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Abroad Program offers scholarships to spend a semester or an academic year in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Oman, Thailand, and Turkey.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program offers students a fully-funded year abroad in Germany.
The American Youth Leadership Program offers opportunities for students and educators to travel abroad on a three- to four-week-long exchange program.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.