Most Popular Baby Names of 2011
Jacob and Sophia are America’s most popular baby names for 2011, according to the Social Security Administration.
This is the thirteenth year that Jacob has been the most popular boys name. Sophia was number two in 2010 and beat out Isabella for the top spot in 2011.
Mason is the only new name in the top ten on either list this year. It pushed Anthony off the list of boys names.
Here are the top 10 boys and girls names for 2011:
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.