Save Money at the Grocery Store
As the cost of food continues to rise, it can be a challenge to make healthy food choices and stay within your food budget. Here are some tips to help you get the most from your grocery budget:
- Take an inventory of the food you already have in your home. Plan your meals for the week, keeping in mind what you already have in your pantry.
- Eat before going to the grocery store to avoid making impulse purchases. When you are hungry, everything looks good.
- Take advantage of store loyalty savings programs, as well as clipping coupons and online discounts.
- Shop the perimeter of the store for nutrient dense foods. Processed and packaged foods tend to be more expensive.
- Shop for foods that are in season. When the supply is plentiful, the prices tend to be lower.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.