Image description: This infographic shows how to correctly install your child’s safety seat to help prevent injury in the event of an accident.
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children 1 through 12 years old, according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. On average, nearly two children were killed and 325 were injured each day. These numbers could be drastically reduced by using proper child safety seats.
You can learn how to choose the correct safety seat and how to properly install it at NHTSA’s new website, safercar.gov/therightseat. You will find how-to videos, recall information and ease-of-use ratings.
If you need help properly installing your child’s safety seat, you can find local certified child passenger safety technicians to answer your questions.
Image from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.