Where To Get Help If You’ve Been Sexually Assaulted
Sexual violence is a serious public health problem in the United States where 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men report that they have been raped or experienced an attempted rape. These figures don’t reflect victims of other types of sexual violence, or the many victims who are afraid to report such crimes.
If you have been or are currently being victimized, please seek help. You can call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673; visit the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN); or find resources in your state.
You can learn more about recovering from and preventing sexual assault with these resources:
If you know someone who is being victimized, share these resources with them.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.