Last-Minute Tax Resources
You’ve got six days left to submit your 2011 federal tax return. April 17 is this year’s deadline.
Here are some last-minute resources:
- Tax Forms and Publications
- Publication 17 — The Only Tax Guide Most Individuals Need (PDF)
- Tax Benefits — You May Qualify
- E-file Your Taxes
Within 72 hours of e-filing or 4 weeks of mailing a paper return, you can check your refund status.
If you cannot file your tax return by the deadline, then request an extension. Keep in mind that an extension does not give you additional time to pay if you owe taxes. You’ll need to estimate the amount you owe and submit a payment in order to avoid interest and penalty charges.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.