Asked by Anonymous
does the us. gov. call you to give grant money but, you must first pay a 250.00 bank transfer fee?
No, this is a scam. You should contact your state or local consumer protection agency. This agency may take action or refer you to another state organization that has the authority where you live. A local law enforcement officer could also provide advice and assistance.
To avoid being a victim of these types of scams, don’t give out personal information and don’t be intimidated. Be suspicious of anyone you don’t know who asks for your Social Security number, credit card and bank account details, date of birth, etc. Also, be suspicious of calls or e-mails that want you to provide or verify personal information immediately. Tell them you’re not interested and hang up or don’t reply to the e-mail.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.