Controlling Pests This Spring
Most places across the country have experienced a milder winter than normal. The milder temperatures will increase the chances of homes getting infested with pests earlier and perhaps more frequently this spring.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) offers many do’s and don’ts of pest control and tips on how to prevent them in your home:
- Prevent pests by safely storing food in sealed containers
- Check any loose plumbing so that no water accumulates
- Close off cracks and crevices where pests can enter your home
If pests do enter your home, make sure to carefully and correctly follow the instructions on any pesticide containers. It is also important that you dispose of them correctly in case of any hazardous waste.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.