Asked by Anonymous
How do I sign up for direct deposit for SS check?
If you already receive Social Security or SSI benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for Direct Deposit by:
- obtaining a password and starting or changing Direct Deposit online (Social Security benefits only), or
- contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association, or
- calling Social Security toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), or
- filling out a Direct Deposit Sign Up Form (PDF) and taking or mailing it to your Social Security Office.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.