Asked by Anonymous
how can I do to save money?
A good way to start saving money is by creating a budget, detailing all of your income and expenses each month. It is important to remember to update your budget as your income and expenses change.
Your income is the money you bring in each month. This can be a fixed income - like a salary - or a variable income - based on commission - or a mix of both. To make a budget, first you should add up and record your monthly income.
Next, take a look at your expenses each month. Some of these will also be fixed, such as rent, car payments or other utility bills. Other expenses will vary, like groceries or transportation costs.
Once you have outlined your average monthly incomes and expenses, you will be able to see how much extra money you have left over. While some unexpected expenses may come up each month, you should be able to put a percentage of your money into a savings account.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.