Asked by Anonymous
what kind of surveys do the cencus bureau conduct between the one that is given every ten years
The U.S. Census Bureau counts every resident in the United States every 10 years. This is called the Population and Housing Census and it’s mandated by Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution.
But the Census Bureau also collects other data on a more frequent basis. The Economic Census and Census of Governments are conducted every 5 years. The American Community Survey takes place every year. There are also other demographic and economic surveys that occur more frequently than once every 10 years.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.