Find the Latest Food Recalls For Your State Through Twitter
You can now find the latest recalls and food safety information for your state through Twitter. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recently created state-specific Twitter feeds that will announce food safety alerts and recalls by state.
The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) launched the program to make it even easier for you to find your state-specific recalls. You can find food recalls for products such as meat and eggs and learn how to protect food supplies during severe weather events in your area.
Each state has its own handle on Twitter, and can be found using the state’s abbreviation, underscore, followed by “FSISalert.” For example, Alaska’s Twitter handle is AK_FSISAlert.
Twitter feeds for all U.S. states and territories officially launched the first week of March. Learn more about the USDA’s new safety alerts.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.