Tax Tips: When Will I Get My Refund
Find out what could possibly delay your tax refund
Hi I’m Theresa and I work for the Internal Revenue Service.
As soon as you hit send on your tax return, are you asking, “When will I get my refund?”
Well we do need a little bit of time here at the IRS to process your return.
Chances are if you e-filed and selected direct deposit, we could send you your refund in as few as 10 days.
If not, then most likely within 21 days.
More than nine times out of 10, tax payers are issued their refund in 21 days.
So odds are high your refund will be there soon.
So there’s no need to call. If we need more information to process your return, we’ll contact you by mail.
Something to kepe in mind though, the IRS does not initiate contact with taxpayers by email to ask for personal or financial information.
Now if you’re triyng to figure out the exact day you’re going to get your refund, the best way to do that is to go to our website and use the “Where’s my Refund” tool or if you have a smartphone, you can ue the IRS2Go app to check on your refund.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.