News From Our Blog


Asked by Anonymous

can i obtain copies of my va records in nc

If you are a veteran, you can get copies of your military or other service records from the National Archives. You can request the records online or by mail or fax.

If you want to get copies of medical records from a VA medical facility, you’ll need to submit a written request directly to the hospital or clinic. The request should detail what records you are requesting, why you are requesting those records, and to whom they are to be released.

We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.

We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:

  • violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
  • comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
  • advertisements or solicitations of any kind
  • comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
  • multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
  • personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers

In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.