Image description: An Expedition 30 crew member aboard the International Space Station took this nighttime photograph of the Atlantic coast. Large metropolitan areas and other easily recognizable sites from the Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C. area are visible. Long Island and the New York City area can be seen in lower right area. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are near the center.
Photo by NASA
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.