Asked by Anonymous
we got a bill from yponline that said we owed $599.95. we never ordered this or got it,how do I get them to stop harassing us, the address was wrong for us& lot of other errors. please address this on Tuesday
You should first contact the company directly to ask them to stop sending you bills. You can find a sample complaint letter at http://go.usa.gov/P17.
If this does not work, you should file a complaint with your state consumer protection office or the attorney general office. Find your state’s consumer protection at http://1.usa.gov/q8U4Jl.
This week is National Consumer Protection Week. Today we are answering your consumer questions. You can join us for a live social media chat at 2 p.m. EST. Learn more about the chat and how to submit your questions.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.