Asked by Anonymous
e-file table when to expect your refund back
If you e-file your taxes and select the direct deposit option, you may receive your refund in as few as 10 days. Generally, the IRS issues most refunds in 21 days or less. If corrections or reviews are required, it may delay the process.
You can check the status of your tax refund on the IRS website 72 hours after e-filing or 4 weeks after submitting a paper return. You’ll need to know your Social Security number, filing status, and exact refund amount.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.