Asked by Anonymous
can i get my free credit report
When you order your credit report, you need to provide your name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth. To verify your identity, you may be asked to provide additional information that only you would know.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, make your credit report available for free, once every year.
When requesting your report on annualcreditreport.com, you may be offered additional products or services, but you are not required to make a purchase in order to receive your credit report. Don’t fall for imposter websites that offer a “free” report when you purchase a membership or only if you buy other products.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.