Asked by Anonymous
The Lifeline and Link Up programs help low-income households get telephone service, but it does not offer the service for free.
Lifeline provides discounts on one basic monthly phone service (landline or wireless). The discount can be up to $10.00 per month, depending on the state.
Link Up provides a one-time discount (up to a maximum of $30) off of the initial installation fee for a landline or the activation fee for wireless phone service.
Learn more about these programs, including eligibility requirements. You can also contact your local phone service provider.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.