Test Your Money Knowledge During America Saves Week
Currently, most Americans don’t save enough money for retirement or don’t have enough saved for emergency expenses like home or car repairs. If you’re in that position, you have a chance to take a look at your saving habits and learn ways you can make your financial future more stable during America Saves Week.
You can start by assessing your current savings progress:
- Do you know your net worth — the total amount of your assests minus your debts?
- Do you have a spending plan in place with specific goals?
- Do you have credit card debt?
- Do you save a portion of your tax refunds, gifts or other windfall payments?
- Are you building equity in a home?
Based on your answers to these and other questions, you’ll get advice on next steps you can take to form a strong savings plan.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.