Asked by Anonymous
I plan to travel to the Dominica commonwealth in the Caribbean next month. What information do I need to travel there? I have a current passport.
In addition to a valid passport, you may be asked to present a return or onward ticket when entering Dominica. Find more details about entry and exit requirements when traveling to Dominica.
For international travel, U.S. citizens need to have a passport or other valid documents in order to enter the United States. Caribbean cruises that begin and end in the U.S., called closed loop cruises, do not require you to travel with a passport. However, if you need to leave the cruise ship because of an emergency and you do not have a valid passport, you may have trouble entering or staying in a foreign country. You may also have difficulty re-entering the United States by air because many airlines require a valid passport in order to board the aircraft. Because of these reason, it is strongly recommended that you always travel abroad with a valid passport.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.