Asked by Anonymous
What are the U. S. federal holidays?
Federal law establishes public holidays for federal employees. When a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is usually observed on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday).
These are the 2012 federal holidays:
- January 2 - New Year’s Day
- January 16 - Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- February 20 - Washington’s Birthday
- May 28 -Memorial Day
- July 4 - Independence Day
- September 3 - Labor Day
- October 8 - Columbus Day
- November 12 - Veterans Day
- November 22 - Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 - Christmas Day