Asked by Anonymous
What are the U. S. federal holidays?
Federal law establishes public holidays for federal employees. When a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is usually observed on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday).
These are the 2012 federal holidays:
- January 2 - New Year’s Day
- January 16 - Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- February 20 - Washington’s Birthday
- May 28 -Memorial Day
- July 4 - Independence Day
- September 3 - Labor Day
- October 8 - Columbus Day
- November 12 - Veterans Day
- November 22 - Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 - Christmas Day
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.