Valentines Day Fun Facts
Happy Valentines Day! In honor of the holiday known for love, candy and flowers, the U.S. Census Bureau shares these fun facts related to the holiday:
- There were 1,177 U.S. manufacturing establishments that produced chocolate and cocoa products in 2009.
- 24.7 pounds of candy were consumed by the average American in 2010.
- 2.1 million marriages took place in the United States in 2009. That breaks down to nearly 5,800 a day.
- There were 393 dating service establishments nationwide as of 2007, which combined made over $928 million in revenue.
- 19% of people had been married twice as of 2010. Five percent have married three or more times. 75% of people who have ever been married have made only one trip down the aisle.