Image description: This interactive timeline shows the history and tradition of U.S. savings bonds throughout the years.
According to Bureau of Public Debt:
The interactive timeline features archived images of savings bond posters, special events and other memorabilia through the years, including photos or videos of movie stars such as Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney and popular television programs such as “Lassie,” “The Bugs Bunny Show” and “Cheers.”
The timeline was created to mark the change in the way savings bonds can be purchased. Starting in 2012, savings bonds are only available for purchase online through TreasuryDirect.gov.
Explore the timeline to learn more about the history of savings bonds.
Image from the Bureau of Public Debt.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.