Flying? New Rules Help Protect Airline Passengers
New regulations help ensure that you are treated fairly when you travel by air. Airlines and ticket agents now must -
- Include all mandatory taxes and fees within the fares they publish rather than hiding them elsewhere.
- Disclose baggage fees when tickets are being purchased.
- Allow customers to hold a reservation without payment or cancel a booking without penalty within 24 hours, if they made the reservation one week or more prior to departure.
- Promptly notify passengers of delays over 30 minutes.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.