News From Our Blog


Asked by Anonymous

food stamps

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Nutrition Assistance Program provides children and people with low incomes access to food, a healthful diet, and nutrition education. They offer a number of programs, such as:

  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also called food stamps, 
  • school meal programs, and
  • Women, Infants and Children (WIC), which provides assistance to pregnant and postpartum women, and their children.

SNAP benefits, or food stamps, are handled at the state level. Find out how to apply for food stamps in your state.

Learn more about nutrition assistance programs and find out if you qualify.