Image description: Pfc. Kyle Hockenberry joined the Army in the fall of 2010. Before Kyle’s first deployment, he had the text “For those I love, I will sacrifice” tattooed on his right side. He said, “‘Those I love’ is for everyone — for my parents, my brother and all my family but it really for everyone in the country.”
Kyle left for Afghanistan in February 2011. Less than four months later, he was seriously injured. A blast from an improvised explosive device cost Kyle both legs and his left arm.
Photo by Mollie Miller, 1st Infantry Division Public Affairs, U.S. Army
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.