Asked by Anonymous
what is the pay & benefits of a US Senator
The salary for most Representatives and Senators is $174,000.
The President pro tempore of the Senate and the majority and minority leaders in the House and Senate receive a salary of $193,400. The Speaker of the House is paid $223,500.
Representatives and Senators are eligible to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance Program, and federal retirement programs.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.