Resolution: Lose Weight
Do you want to lose weight in 2012? Since about 70% of adult Americans are overweight or obese, many of us should.
Health experts agree even small weight loss will improve your health if:
- You are considered obese based on your body mass index (BMI).
- You are considered overweight based on your BMI and have weight-related health problems or a family history of such problems.
- You have a waist that measures more than 40 inches if you are a man or more than 35 inches if you are a woman.
We all know that it’s hard to stick to a weight-loss diet that works over the long term. Choose a healthy weight loss plan that’s right for you, and that takes into account your likes and dislikes, and includes a variety of foods that give you enough calories and nutrients for good health.
Picking a plan that fits your lifestyle will make it easier for you to stick with the changes long term.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.