Resolution: Find a Better Job, Write a Better Resume
Will you be looking for a new job in 2012? Whether you’re unemployed or just looking for a better job, many Americans will be job hunting in 2012.
Your resume may be the key element that makes you stand out in a sea of applicants.
A great resume:
- Grabs the attention of employers and recruiters
- Sells your skills and accomplishments
- Shows why you’re a match for a position
- Communicates both your current capabilities and future potential
- Helps you take the next step in your career
- And most importantly, gets you the interview
The U.S. Department of Labor sponsors tools to help job seekers and advice on developing a great resume to help you on your path to career success.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.