Troops Come Home from Iraq
The last of American troops in Iraq are coming home over the next few days. Over the past nine years, hundreds of thousands of troops have been sent abroad to Iraq. As we mark the end of America’s involvement in the war in Iraq, President Obama has asked Americans to show our veterans and their families that they have the thanks of a grateful nation.
Joining Forces is a national initiative to give our service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned. You can find service opportunities, pledge service hours, or write a message of thanks or support to a military family.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.